USC Main Ceremony
The procession begins at 8:30 a.m., and the ceremony at 9:00 a.m. at Alumni Park. Your assembly and procession section is F.
USC Viterbi School Ceremonies
Undergraduate Degree Programs: The undergraduate school ceremony will be at 11:00 a.m. at Alumni Park. Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s website for additional details.
Master’s Degree Programs: Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s Master’s Degree ceremony website for additional details.
The Master’s and Engineer Group 1 ceremony will be held on Friday, May 13th, 3:30 p.m. at the Galen Center. The programs included in this group are: Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Astronautical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Green Technologies, Industrial & System Engineering, and System Architecting & Engineering. Students must check-in at 1:30 p.m. Guest doors will open at 2:00 p.m.
The Master’s and Engineer Group 2 ceremony will be held on Friday, May 13th, 7:00 p.m. at the Shrine Auditorium. The programs included in this group are: Computer Science and Data Science. Students must check-in at 6:00 p.m. Guest doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
Ph.D Programs: The Viterbi Ph.D. Hooding and Awards ceremony will begin at 8:30 a.m. in Bovard Auditorium on Wednesday, May 11th. Tickets are required. The ceremony is expected to last until 11:00 a.m. and will be followed by a reception in Associates Park. Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s Ph.D. ceremony website for additional details.
Viterbi School Receptions
Viterbi School receptions are organized by major:
- Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering reception will be held at Rapp Engineering Building (RRB) Courtyard from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Astronautical Engineering reception will be held at Stabler Hall (LJS) Courtyard from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Biomedical Engineering reception will be held at Denney Research Center (DRB) from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Chemical & Petroleum Engineering and Materials Science reception will be held at the Gerontology (GER) courtyard from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering reception will be held on Mark McGwire Way from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Computer Science (CSCI) and data science will host two receptions at Salvatori Computer Science (SAL) Lawn on Commencement Day: Master’s and Ph.D. graduates and guests from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; Undergraduates and guests from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Event details are sent to the graduates directly and RSVPs are required to attend. Questions regarding CS receptions can be directed to Cristina Fong.
- DEN@Viterbi (Distance Education) reception will be held at Olin Hall (OHE) from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering will host two receptions. For our Ph.D.’s, the Ming Hsieh Institute will host a luncheon after the Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony on Wednesday at the EEB Courtyard and our reception for all Electrical and Computer Engineering Graduates (BS, MS, Ph.D.) on Commencement Day from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 pm at the EEB Courtyard.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering reception will be held behind Gerontology (GER) Building, on the GER back lawn from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Ph.D. reception will be held at Associates Park immediately following the Ph.D. Hooding and Awards ceremony (May 11th).
All Viterbi School receptions are on May 13th, unless otherwise noted.
Tickets are not required for the Ph.D., undergraduate, and M.S. ceremonies.
Jennifer Williger (Ph.D. Ceremony)
Jennifer Williger (M.S. Ceremonies)
Jennifer Williger (Undergraduate ceremonies)
Silvana Martinez (Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering – AME)
Dell Cuason, Linda Ly, and Marlyn Lat (Astronautical Engineering)
Carla Stanard (Biomedical Engineering (Biomedical Engineering-BME)
Heather Alexander (Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Mork Family Dept. of)
Salina Palacios (Civil and Environmental Engineering, Sonny Astani Dept. of)
Cristina Cucueco Fong (Computer Science – CSCI)
Julia Legat (Distance Education Network – DEN@Viterbi)
Gloria Halfacre and Cathy Huang (Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ming Hsieh Dept. of)
Grace Owh (Industrial and Systems Engineering, Daniel J. Epstein Dept. of)
- The USC Viterbi Master’s ceremonies can only accommodate graduates from December 2021, May 2022 or August 2022. Students graduating in Fall 2021 or any other semesters may participate in the 2023 ceremony.
USC Galen Center Ceremonies:
- Attendees may only enter with a bag that adheres to the USC Galen Center clear bag policy. There are no bag storage facilities available. Cameras are permitted with lenses less than 3”. Please take time to review the Galen Center guidelines for the most comprehensive information to help you prepare for the day. Please have cell phones either in a clear bag or out of your pockets before entering.