USC Main Ceremony
The procession begins at 8:30 a.m., and the ceremony at 9:00 a.m. at Alumni Park. Your assembly and procession section is B.
Marshall School Ceremonies
The graduate and undergraduate school ceremonies will be held in the Galen Center. The undergraduate ceremony beings at 11 a.m., and the graduate ceremony begins at 6:30 p.m.
Marshall School Receptions
The undergraduate reception follows the school ceremony in Bridge Hall Lawn, while the graduate reception (starts 3:30 p.m.) will be at Town and Gown before the ceremony.
Marshall school ceremonies do not require tickets.
Undergraduate students: Marshall graduates should make their way to the Galen Center to line-up by 10:50 a.m., if you are not in line, you will not participate in the ceremony. The Marshall Undergraduate satellite ceremony begins at 11:00 a.m. and ends at approximately 2:00 p.m. Please remember that no graduates will be permitted to leave the ceremony until it has ended. All graduates must remain in the Galen Center for the entirety of the ceremony and recess out together. Individual plans for celebration after the ceremony should be scheduled no earlier than 3:00 p.m.
Graduate students: Students will enter via the designated graduate entrance. As a matter of courtesy, no one will be allowed to enter the auditorium after the ceremony has begun.
- Graduates who are physically disabled should identify themselves to the staff when entering the line-up so that they may be seated where they will have access to the ramp.
- Commencement marshals will be directing the line-up, processional and seating. Please pay attention to instructions from the marshals on the day-of.
- Graduates are not allowed to bring food, drink, or bags (including backpacks) to the ceremony. Small purses are allowed.
- Please remember there are no bathroom facilities in the line-up area. You must stay in line once you arrive.
- The Marshall satellite ceremonies are for Marshall majors only.
- Seating for graduates is not assigned.
- Graduates are welcome to line up with friends, however there is no guarantee students will be able to sit next to their friends due to the flow of the line-up and seating arrangement.
- Each graduate’s chair will have a blue card and pencil on it. This card is used to read your name during commencement.
Policy on alcohol, other substances and behavior
- All commencement activities are alcohol and substance-free events.
- We will be enforcing a zero-tolerance policy which means students should not attempt to bring alcohol and other substances to the ceremony.
- Additionally, any student who is visibly intoxicated, disruptive, or exudes inappropriate behavior will be escorted out of the line-up or the ceremony by event staff and security.
Galen Center guest policies
- Guests are also not allowed to bring backpacks, balloons, weapons, banners, horns or other noise makers, food or drinks inside the Galen Center. Strollers and tripods must be left in the reserved lobby spaces and are not permitted in the seating area.
- Per Galen Center seating policies, guests are not allowed to save seats for large parties. One (1) seat may be saved on either side of a seat. Please make sure your entire party arrives and enters the Galen Center together.
- During the ceremony, standing in the aisles and obstructing views is prohibited.
- Parking will be free all day at all campus locations. We recommend that you park in Structure D.
There will be a DVD available for purchase for the undergraduate ceremony. However, there will no DVD available for purchase for the graduate ceremony