USC Main Ceremony
The procession begins at 8:30 a.m., and the ceremony at 9:00 a.m. at Alumni Park. Your assembly and procession section is F.
USC Viterbi School Ceremonies
Undergraduate Degree Programs: The undergraduate school ceremony will be at 11:00 a.m. at Alumni Park. Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s website for additional details.
Master’s Degree Programs: Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s Master’s Degree ceremony website for additional details.
The Master’s and Engineer Group 1 ceremony will be held on Friday, May 15th, 3:00 p.m. at the Galen Center. The programs included in this group are: Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Astronautical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Green Technologies, Industrial & System Engineering, and System Architecting & Engineering. Students must check-in at 1:30 p.m. Guest doors will open at 2:00 p.m.
The Master’s and Engineer Group 2 ceremony will be held on Friday, May 15th, 7:00 p.m. at the Shrine Auditorium. The programs included in this group are: Computer Science and Data Science. Students must check-in at 6:00 p.m. Guest doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
Ph.D Programs: The Viterbi Ph.D. Hooding and Awards ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. in Bovard Auditorium on Wednesday, May 13th. Tickets are required. The ceremony is expected to last until 11:00 a.m. and will be followed by a reception in Associates Park. Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s Ph.D. ceremony website for additional details.
Viterbi School Receptions
Viterbi School receptions are organized by major:
- Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering reception will be held at Rapp Engineering Building (RRB) Courtyard from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Astronautical Engineering reception will be held at Stabler Hall (LJS) Courtyard from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Biomedical Engineering reception will be held at Denney Research Center (DRB) from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Chemical & Petroleum Engineering and Materials Science reception will be held at Hedco Chemical Engineering building lawn from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering reception will be held in front of the USC Davidson Conference Center (DCC) from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Computer Science (CSCI) and data science will host two receptions at Salvatori Computer Science (SAL) Lawn on Commencement Day: Master’s and Ph.D. graduates and guests from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; Undergraduates and guests from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Event details are sent to the graduates directly and RSVPs are required to attend. Questions regarding CS receptions can be directed to Cristina Fong.
- DEN@Viterbi (Distance Education) reception will be held at Olin Hall (OHE) – time will be updated when available.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering will host two receptions. For our Ph.D.’s, the Ming Hsieh Institute will host a luncheon after the Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony on Wednesday in EEB 133 and our reception for all Electrical and Computer Engineering Graduates (BS, MS, Ph.D.) on Commencement Day from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm at the EEB Courtyard.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering reception will be held behind Gerontology (GER) Building, on the GER back lawn from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Ph.D. reception will be held at Associates Park immediately following the Ph.D. Hooding and Awards ceremony (May 13th).
All Viterbi School receptions are on May 15th, unless otherwise noted.
Tickets are required for the Ph.D. ceremony. Tickets are not required for the undergraduate ceremony and for either M.S. ceremonies.
Juli Legat (Ph.D. Ceremony)
Meredith Mitnick (M.S. Ceremonies)
Silvana Martinez and Ken Eng (Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering – AME)
Dell Cuason and Linda Ly (Astronautical Engineering)
Michele Medina (Biomedical Engineering (Biomedical Engineering-BME)
Karen Woo (Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Mork Family Dept. of)
Salina Palacios (Civil and Environmental Engineering, Sonny Astani Dept. of)
Cristina Cucueco Fong (Computer Science – CSCI)
Patty Rinehart (Distance Education Network – DEN@Viterbi)
Gloria Halfacre (Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ming Hsieh Dept. of)
Grace Owh (Industrial and Systems Engineering, Daniel J. Epstein Dept. of)
- The USC Viterbi Master’s ceremonies can only accommodate graduates from December 2019, May 2020 or August 2020. Students graduating in Fall 2020 or any other semesters may participate in the 2021 ceremony.