USC Main Ceremony
The procession begins at 8:30 a.m., and the ceremony at 9:00 a.m. at Alumni Park. Your assembly and procession section is F.
USC Viterbi School Ceremonies
Undergraduate Degree Programs: The undergraduate school ceremony will be at 11:00 a.m. at USC Village Great Lawn. Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s website for additional details.
Master’s Degree Programs: Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s Master’s Degree ceremony website for additional details.
The Master’s, Engineer, and Engineering Graduate Certificates Group 1 ceremony will be held on Friday, May 11, 3:00 p.m. at the Galen Center. The programs included in this group are: Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering, Astronautical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science, Civil & Environmental Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Green Technologies, Industrial & System Engineering, and System Architecting & Engineering.
The Master’s, Engineer, and Engineering Graduate Certificates Group 2 ceremony will be held on Friday, May 11, 7:00 p.m. at the Shrine Auditorium. The programs included in this group are: Computer Science, Informatics.
Ph.D Programs: The Viterbi PhD Hooding and Awards ceremony will begin at 8:30 a.m. in Bovard Auditorium on Thursday, May 10th. Tickets are required. The ceremony is expected to last until 11:00 a.m. and will be followed by a reception in Associates Park. Please visit the USC Viterbi School’s PhD ceremony website for additional details.
Viterbi School Receptions
Viterbi School receptions are organized by major:
- Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering reception will be held at Stauffer Science Lecture Hall Courtyard (SLH) from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Astronautical Engineering reception will be held at Stabler Hall from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Biomedical Engineering reception will be held at Denney Research Center (DRB) from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Chemical Engineering and Materials Science reception will be held at Hedco Chemical Engineering (HED 116) from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Civil and Environmental Engineering reception will be held at Gerontology (GER) South Lawn from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Computer Science (CSCI) reception will be held at Salvatori Computer Science Center (SAL) Lawn from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- DEN@Viterbi (Distance Education) reception will be held at Olin Hall (OHE) from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Electrical Engineering reception will be held at Hughes Aircraft Electrical Engineering Center (EEB) Courtyard from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Industrial and Systems Engineering reception will be held at Gerontology (GER) Courtyard from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The Ph.D. reception will be held at Associates Park immediately following the ceremony.
Tickets will be required for both the undergraduate ceremony and PhD ceremony. No tickets are required for either M.S. ceremony.
Jennifer Gerson (PhD Ceremony)
Meredith Mitnick and Nora Sandoval (M.S. Ceremonies)
Silvana Martinez and Samantha Graves (Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering – AME)
Dell Cuason and Linda Ly (Astronautical Engineering)
Michele Medina (Biomedical Engineering (Biomedical Engineering-BME)
Karen Woo (Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Mork Family Dept. of)
Geraldine Perry (Civil and Environmental Engineering, Sonny Astani Dept. of)
Cristina Cucueco Fong (Computer Science – CSCI)
Meghan Balding (Distance Education Network – DEN@Viterbi)
Gloria Halfacre (Electrical Engineering, Ming Hsieh Dept. of)
Grace Owh (Industrial and Systems Engineering, Daniel J. Epstein Dept. of)
- The USC Viterbi Master’s ceremonies can only accommodate graduates from December 2016, May 2017 or August 2017. Students graduating in Fall 2017 or any other semesters may participate in the 2018 ceremony.
- There will be a DVD available for purchase for all Viterbi ceremonies.
- No balloons will be permitted inside the Galen Center for the Master’s Ceremony.